Today's article will guide you how to set up IKEv2 IPsec on Windows. This guide was created with the operating system Windows 10.
First of all, you will need to download Surfshark's IKEv2 certificate at the bottom of the page.
https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manualDownload Surfshark's IKEv2 certificate at the bottom of the page
After downloading the certificate, open it and a prompt window will appear.A prompt window will appear
Then, select the local machine setting (this option requires admin privileges), then select Trusted Root Certification Authorities to install it.Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities
Press Next> Finish to complete the installation.
Establish a VPN connection
1. Open Windows Start menu, type control panel and open the Control Panel app.
2. Click a category Network and Internet.
3. Then select the tab Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click Options Set up a new connection or network.
5. Select options Connect to a workplace and press Next.
6. Select a method Use my Internet connection (VPN).
7. Enter the following information:
- Internet address: Enter the domain name of the server you want to connect to.
- Destination name: You can name this connection any way you want.
- Use a smart card: Not marked.
- Remember my credentials: You can leave this option unchecked if you want to enter your login information every time you connect.
- Allow other people to use this connection: If you do not mark it, only the user for which you are making the connection can connect. (If you want all users to be able to connect, you need admin rights.)
After filling in all the fields, click Create.Enter the required information
8. Press Create and right click on the adapter you have created. Choose Properties and open the tab Security.
Set up the following options:
- Type of VPN: IKEv2
- Data encryption: Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
- Authentication: Use Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) andEAP-MSCHAPv2
Then, click OK to save these changes.Set up options
9. Open settings Network (in the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the icon Network) and choose Network & Internet settings.Select Network & Internet settings
10. In the newly opened window, select VPNClick on the newly created connection and select Advanced options.
11. In settings Advanced options, please click Edit and fill in your service login information. Then press Save to confirm the changes.Enter service login information
12. Now, open the settings again NetworkClick on the newly created connection and click Connect.